An impromptu lunch from the convenience store
Devoting time to preparing a packed lunch five days in a row can be a stretch. But it’s OK – amazon canada goose parka no one is marking you out of 10, least of all us. There are days when we best price for canada goose jacket just don’t get around to planning our lunches in advance, and when 1pm chimes, the call of the cornish pasty is strong. We would be lying if we didn’t admit that sometimes our lunch consists of said pasty and a Fanta. (Shock, horror!)
But best canada goose jacket there is a middle ground. anyone has got canada goose coat If you’ve arrived at work empty-handed and there is no office black friday 2013 canada goose sale canteen or sandwich chain to fall back on, help is at hand in the form of the urban convenience store packed lunch. But, barring Monster Munch and booze, what can we concoct in desperate times from our local store? The answer is, a surprising amount. Just make sure you have access to a can opener and a microwave …
• Canned fish is a failsafe option. A tuna salad of jarred green olives, an iceberg lettuce, with an olive oil, mustard and red wine vinegar dressing, works a treat. canada goose coat 1000 bulbs coupons Keep the bottles in your desk drawer for future use (and kid everyone that buy canada goose jacket uk chinking sound every buy canada goose jacket uk time you close it is your stash of brandy). Toasted granary bread is a fine accompaniment.
• Mash sardines canada goose canada outlet or smoked mackerel with a dollop of creme fraiche or yoghurt, a squeeze of lemon and a grind of black pepper, and have it on canada goose coat – hybridge lite crackers.
• One of our favourites is the classic sachet noodles, but with added bling. Pour boiling water into the noodles then add a sprinkle of chilli sauce and any fresh veg you can get your hands on: a sliced spring onion, some parsley or coriander, chopped pepper, or even iceberg buy canada goose jacket cheap lettuce.
• A tin of tomato soup is hard to beat, particularly when paired with a cheddar and pickle sandwich. Homely, delicious and often unfairly disregarded in favour of “fresh” soups.
• If all else fails, a ready-salted crisp and hummus sandwich will hit the beige spot.
Caroline Craig and Sophie Missing are authors of The Little Book of Lunch (Square Peg)